- “From Broadway Chorus Boy to Comedian: How Kevin Yee Found His Voice on Stage,” Mochi Magazine, Fall 2017.
- “‘You don’t have to love Trump to vote for him’: Chinese Americans explain why they voted,” Mochi Magazine. Spring 2017.
- “Yul Kwon on Life After Survivor and His Winning Strategy,” Mochi Magazine. Fall 2016.
- Marriage of a Thousand Lies by S.J. Sindu. Reviewed for Hyphen Magazine. 17 Jan 2018.
- A House Made of Water by Michelle Lin. Reviewed for Hyphen Magazine. 28 May 2017.
- The Man in Our Lives by Xu Xi. Reviewed for Hyphen Magazine. 15 Jan 2017.
- Paper Menagerie and Other Stories by Ken Liu. Reviewed for Hyphen Magazine. 12 Jul 2016
- A Village in the Field by Patty Enrado. Reviewed for Hyphen Magazine. 24 Mar 2016.
- “A Multilevel Analysis of Spatial Variation in Sex Ratio at Birth in China”. (with Chuncui Fan) at Population Association of America Conference, New Orleans, LA. 2013
- “How to be Cupertino: Yesterday and Today” at Cupertino Historical Society, Cupertino, CA. 2013.
- “Indian and Chinese Transmigrant Women of Silicon Valley Ethnoburbs: Ethnicity and Gender in Regional Spatial Transformation” at SSRC-DPDF Workshop, Monterey, CA. 2011
- “Transnational Religious Regulation in Contemporary Mormonism” at Association of Pacific Coast Geographers Conference, San Diego, CA. 2009.
- “Cultural Evolution in Religion: Race and Marriage Discourses in the LDS Church” at Mormon Scholars in the Humanities, Aspen Grove, UT. 2009.